Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy 85th Birthday, Pope Benedict XVI


From CatholicHerald

Pope Benedict XVI celebrated his 85th birthday today with guests who treated him to Bavarian “oompah” music and folk dancing in the apostolic palace.

Earlier in the day, in an impromptu homily, the Pope had said: “I find myself on the last stretch of my journey in life, and I don’t know what is awaiting me.”

“I know, however, that the light of God exists, that he is risen, that his light is stronger than any darkness and that God’s goodness is stronger than any evil in this world, and this helps me go forward with certainty,”

Vatican Radio said greetings from all over the world had been sent to the Pope.

The Vatican even set up a special email address (auguri.benedettoxvi@vatican.va) so well-wishers could send a note marking the Pope’s birthday and Anniversary of his election as Pope.

During his “Regina Coeli” address, the Pope asked people to pray for him, “that the Lord give me the strength to accomplish the mission he entrusted in me”.


Happy Birthday Holy Father!!!!!
Thank you for all you have done for us: Liberation of the Traditional Mass,upholding the Truth of the Faith. May God bless you and give you the strength to continue His mission on earth with you as His Vicar.

St. Michael defend us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment